Pastoral Care & Services
Pastor’s Office Hours
- Monday – Wednesday, Friday, 8:30 – 11:00 am (Pr. Huehn is off Mondays; Pr. Fitzner, Fridays)
- Afternoons are generally reserved for calling and evenings for meetings.
- Pastor is willing to alter his schedule for emergencies.
- Please call him for his services, when having surgery or for hospitalizations.
- Our Pastor is ready and willing to help with your personal and family problems.
- We urge you to discuss problems with Pastor before they become serious.
- Hours may be arranged by appointment at the church office, or at a mutually agreeable place.
- If Pastor is unable to help, you will be referred to someone who can.
- Call Pastor or the church office as soon as a child is born.
- Pastor would like to visit the parents and child in the hospital, if possible.
- Arrangements for the baptism should be made as soon as the family is able.
Adults or Youth can be confirmed after completing Confirmation Instruction taught by our Pastor.
- Adults Instruction is offered at various times throughout the year, please contact the church office.
- Youth Confirmation Instruction is offered:
- for 7th and 8th grade youth
- on Wednesday Evenings
- at 6:30 – 8:00 pm (6:00 – 6:50 pm during Advent and Lent)
- Our policy is that weddings may be performed when either the bride or groom is a member, or they have been attending our services regularly, or they are interested in membership.
- Reserve your date on the church calendar before other arrangements are made.
- Contact Pastor to for premarital education and counseling sessions at least 16 weeks in advance of the wedding date.
- Weddings are worship services, as such the pastor must approve the liturgy, music, and vows in the service itself.
- Please see the Wedding Manual for more information.
- Contact Pastor any time – day or night – when death is near or realized.
- We suggest that no arrangements for the funeral be made until the Pastor is contacted.
- Information for the church records must also be obtained.
- Members are encouraged to have a church funeral.
For those hospitalized or confined to their homes, private communion is offered upon request. Contact Pastor or the church office.