Organization & Structure
Christ Lutheran Church is led by the Church Council in accordance with our Constitution & Bylaws
The following is a brief description of the Church Organizational Structure. See the Church Directory for a current list of officers.
The Council is made up of the following church officials:
- Executive Committee
- Pastor(s) and the Director of Christian Education
- two members each from the Boards of Elders, Mission/Evangelism and Trustees.
- one member each from the Pre-School Board, the Board of Children and Youth Ministry and the Board of Adult Ministry.
The Church Council meets on the second Tuesday of the month, see the calendar for location and times.
All Christ Lutheran Church Members, 18 and over, may vote to decide the business of the congregation.
Voters’ Meetings are the third Tuesday of January, March, May, September, and November.
The November meeting is usually devoted to the election of officers and adoption of next year’s budget.
The executive committee reviews issues in regards to the Constitution and its Bylaws and assists in filling vacancies in elected or appointed offices.
The executive Committee is made up of the following:
- President – the principal lay officer of the church, responsible for the supervision of its programs.
- Vice President – assists the President.
- Secretary – responsible for documenting and or archiving transactions of church meetings.
- Treasurer(s) – responsible for the safekeeping of all funds, paying bills and providing periodic financial reports.
BOARD OF ELDERS
Assists the Pastor(s) in all matters pertaining to the spiritual welfare of the congregation.
BOARD OF MISSION/EVANGELISM
Directs the outreach efforts of the congregation and welcomes new and prospective members.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Responsible for care and upkeep of church property.
BOARD OF CHILDREN & YOUTH MINISTRY
Equipping and guiding children, youth and families in the effort to have Christ be the foundation of their home.
BOARD OF ADULT MINISTRY
Be a resource for Christian growth and spiritual guidance programs and opportunities for members from college age through Adult.
Responsible for the operation of Shining Lights Preschool.